allTags - Efficient file management with tags
allTags was developed to manage large file sets efficiently. Time-consuming actions, like naming files and choosing folders, are replaced by flexible tagging operations.
With built-in support functions, allTags avoids inconsistencies and speeds up file description and retrieval. allTags is 100% free to use.
Find what your looking for, quickly
When using allTags, you stop caring about folder names and how to organize your files. You assign tags based on what your file is about or in which context you need to use it. This allows for a very fast retrievel as allTags filters down to what you need right now.
Why is managing files better with allTags?
Hierarchical file systems show limitations when working with a large number of files. Some issues are with using folders as categories, like being able to place files in multiple folders by theme or topic. Or regularly having to change folder structures based on new files.
Other issues stem from creeping inconsistencies with naming conventions, redundant folder structures and duplicate files. allTags reduces the number of choices you need to make when dealing with files, while providing a fast alternative to file description.
Manage your files with tags
With tags, you are free from some of the constraints of hierarchical file systems. Think of managing your music or photo libraries with tag based managers, but apply the idea to all your files.
- Fast and more consistent file description with tags
- Tag suggestions and completion
- Local application, allTags does not send your data to the cloud
- Dynamically generated, tag-based folders and file names for working outside of allTags
- Import and export functions
- Tag management functions
- Tag sorting by similarity for emphasizing differences
- Direct file handling - allTags will open files with your prefered, local applications
- Support for other types of content besides files (currently only URLs)
- File versioning and recovery functions